Laura Dockstader, SCMP
Laura is a graduate of Western University as well as Fanshawe College’s Public Relations – Corporate Communications graduate certificate program. In the course of her 20+ year career with Communication and Public Affairs at St. Joseph’s Health Care London, Laura has had the opportunity to build a wide variety of communication strategies supporting corporate initiatives, stakeholder relations, government affairs and public and media relations.
A certified Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP) through the Global Communication Certification Council (GCCC), Laura is the recipient of several award recognitions including IABC London Virtuoso Awards, IABC national Silver Leaf Awards and Canada’s Health Care Public Relations Association.
A member of IABC since 1998, at which time she was one of the first Fanshawe College student liaisons to the London Chapter, Laura looks forward to serving the IABC London Board of Directors again this year.
- Work with board to determine sponsorship needs and develop a realistic annual budget.
- Develop a master sponsorship plan that includes sponsorship goals, monetary and in-kind needs, amounts and /or services and companies to approach.
- Create scalable proposals to ensure best content/audience fit for prospects.
- Develop a communication plan and supporting materials to relay available sponsorship opportunities to members and local companies.
- Develop signed agreements for every sponsor (in-kind and monetary) that outlines the relationship, payment due date, benefits and cancellation terms.
- Develop a tracking system to ensure that all contract deliverables are timely and complete.
- Prepare monthly portfolio report, to be presented at IABC London board meetings.
- Meet with potential partners and pitch sponsorship opportunities.
- Train successor and oversee Sponsorship Liaison.