Director, Professional Development
Kerri is a seasoned professional that brings passion to everything she does. Starting her career in Experiential Marketing, she was immediately attracted to the complex world of Marketing Communications. She has worked for large agencies in Sydney, Toronto, Mississauga and Guelph, and boutique agencies in London. Also, she has worked in communications on the client side, and brings a good perspective from both sides.
When she’s not developing strategies or doing a variety of quality assurance tests for digital products she helps to create, she enjoys ski patrolling a Boler Mountain, and SCUBA diving in warm waters.
- Develop, plan and execute professional development activities for the term September through June.
- Source speakers / panelists for professional development activities; identify and connect with industry professionals that can provide learning opportunities for the IABC London membership.
- Source venue / catering as required for professional development activities.
- Promote professional development activities via the IABC London website and social media channels, working closely with appropriate liaisons.
- Attend monthly professional development activities; welcome event guests, introduce and thank event speakers.
- Coordinate with Website Liaison to ensure that professional development activities are posted online.
- Coordinate with Chapter Administrator to ensure that professional development activities are posted to Eventbrite (event registration system).
- Develop and manage annual portfolio budget in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Collaborate with other portfolios to plan and execute the editorial calendar / theme for the term.
- Prepare monthly portfolio report, to be presented at IABC London board meetings.
- Recruit and manage a portfolio committee; host monthly meetings with committee.
- Train successor(s) to this role.