Megan Zinn, CFRE
Megan is a seasoned communications and fundraising professional with more than 10 years in the nonprofit sector. She has held a variety of roles with social services and healthcare organizations and currently works at Jesse’s Journey, a London-based charity focused on funding research into Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Megan is a Fanshawe College graduate twice over with a diploma in Business Administrative Systems and a post-grad certificate in Corporate Communication and Public Relations. She achieved her CFRE designation in 2014 and is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Professional Arts – Communications Studies degree from Athabasca University.
This director role ensures that IABC London operates in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Oversee the development and approval of IABC London’s annual operating budget. Final budget to be approved by the Board within 90 days of the start of the fiscal year.
- Maintain IABC London bank accounts, records and cheque delivery.
- Monitor financial standing of chapter and provide regular financial updates at board
- Monitor director expenses and associated processes to ensure adherence to policies and
- ethical use of chapter funds.
- Collaborate with other portfolio directors to ensure ongoing management of portfolio budgets.
- Submit annual chapter financial report to IABC each February.
- File necessary financial reports, audits and statements as required.
- Train successor to this role.
- Prepare a financial statement for the Annual General Meeting of IABC London.