Megan Zinn, CFRE
Megan is a seasoned communications and fundraising professional. She has held a variety of roles in organizations focused on social services, health care, medical research, and higher education. She currently works as Corporate Communication Officer at Fanshawe College.
Megan is a graduate of Athabasca University and Fanshawe College, and she earned the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation in 2014. She has served on a number of boards of directors, including two terms as President of the London and Region Fundraising Professionals (LRFP). In addition to her role with IABC London, Megan also serves as Director, Finance for IABC Canada East Region.
This director role ensures that IABC London operates in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Oversee the development and approval of IABC London’s annual operating budget. Final budget to be approved by the Board within 90 days of the start of the fiscal year.
- Maintain IABC London bank accounts, records and cheque delivery.
- Monitor financial standing of chapter and provide regular financial updates at board
- Monitor director expenses and associated processes to ensure adherence to policies and
- ethical use of chapter funds.
- Collaborate with other portfolio directors to ensure ongoing management of portfolio budgets.
- Submit annual chapter financial report to IABC each February.
- File necessary financial reports, audits and statements as required.
- Train successor to this role.
- Prepare a financial statement for the Annual General Meeting of IABC London.