Director, Professional Development
Michelle Paonessa is the Development and Communications Coordinator at Community Living London. She recently graduated from the Corporate Communications and Public Relations Program at Fanshawe, and also graduated from Wilfred Laurier with a double major in Philosophy and Communications.
- Develop, plan and execute professional development activities for the term September through June.
- Source speakers / panelists for professional development activities; identify and connect with industry professionals that can provide learning opportunities for the IABC London membership.
- Source venue / catering as required for professional development activities.
- Promote professional development activities via the IABC London website and social media channels, working closely with appropriate liaisons.
- Attend monthly professional development activities; welcome event guests, introduce and thank event speakers.
- Coordinate with Website Liaison to ensure that professional development activities are posted online.
- Coordinate with Chapter Administrator to ensure that professional development activities are posted to Eventbrite (event registration system).
- Develop and manage annual portfolio budget in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Collaborate with other portfolios to plan and execute the editorial calendar / theme for the term.
- Prepare monthly portfolio report, to be presented at IABC London board meetings.
- Recruit and manage a portfolio committee; host monthly meetings with committee.
- Train successor(s) to this role.