When: May 21st, 2015 7:30-9:00am
Where: Western Continuing Studies (CitiPlaza), Room 240
Tickets: $20 Students | $25 Members | $35 Non-members
RSVP is required by 5pm on Wednesday, May 20th.
Join us for a media panel comprised of some of London’s leading experts in radio, magazine, newspaper and television as they provide us with tips and tricks on how to sell your story. If you are new to the communications industry, these insights are invaluable. If you are a seasoned professional, this panel serves as a refresher on how the pitching process has changed in recent years.
In this session you will learn:
- How to pitch to the media
- What makes a good news story for each specific media outlet
- How to find the right person within each media outlet
- How the landscape has changed over the last 10 years
- How the introduction of digital channels has changed the media process
This month, you will hear from seasoned experts in the media industry:
- Newspaper – Dan Brown – London Free Press
- Radio – Jim Van Horne – CJBK 1290/BellMedia
- Magazine – Gord Delamont – Business London
- Television – Jan Sims – CTV/BellMedia
Continental breakfast and coffee will be available.
We hope you can make it!
Register online at: http://www.karelo.com/register.php?BID=187&BT=10&Ev=15359