Do you know a communications professional who exemplifies excellence in the profession? Do you have an executive leader who champions communications in your organization? For the first time, IABC London has awards for both!
The call for nominations is now open for IABC London’s Outstanding Communicator Award and Communications Champion Award. There are no fees to submitting nominations for either award. Finalists will be announced by summer 2020 and winners will be revealed at the 2020 Virtuoso Awards Celebration.
Outstanding Communicator Award
For the exceptional communications professional
The IABC London Outstanding Communicator Award recognizes a communications professional who exemplifies excellence in the profession. This outstanding professional is someone whose recent strategic planning and implementation has delivered significant business results and/or someone who has developed an exceptional body of work. Whether involved in the private, public or not-for-profit sector, the recipient of this award consistently achieves business results by planning, implementing and measuring communications strategies, projects and campaigns.
- The Outstanding Communicator Award nominee must:
- Be a communications or public relations professional working in Southwestern Ontario;
- Have a recent body of work developed over an undefined period of time (anywhere from one year to a decade). Their work must demonstrate strategic communications planning and implementation that has led to important business results;
- Practice exceptional communications leadership in their organization and/or community.
- Demonstrate adherence to ethical standards;
- Show commitment to professional development.
- Both IABC members and non-members are eligible.
- A minimum of two letters of support must be included with the nomination.
- Each nomination may be accompanied by a maximum of five links to videos, photos, media materials, articles, etc. that showcase the nominee as an outstanding communicator.
- This is not a project-based award. Individual projects should be submitted to IABC London’s Virtuoso Awards.
- This is not a career award. IABC Canada offers a lifetime achievement award through the Master Communicator Award while IABC International offers a lifetime achievement award through its Fellow designations.
Communications Champion Award
For the supportive organizational leader
The new IABC London Communications Champion Award distinguishes an organizational leader who recognizes the value of communications as integral in driving business results. The recipient of this award is a c-suite leader who integrates communications as an internal strategic partner and supports the professional development of their communications team. With a strong commitment to their organization’s values, this individual is someone who works closely with their communicators to develop and deliver exceptional leadership communication.
- The Communications Champion Award nominee must:
- Be a leader for an organization located in London or the surrounding region;
- Champion and advance the communications function in their organization;
- Support the professional development of their communications team;
- Deliver exceptional leadership communication;
- Demonstrate commitment to their organization’s mission, vision and values.
- Those currently working as communications professionals are not eligible for this award.
- A minimum of one letter of support must be included with the nomination.
Questions related to either award can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Outstanding Communicator Award Winner
2018 – David Billson, CEO, rTraction Canada, Inc
2017 – Andrew McClenaghan, President, Digital Echidna