To our IABC London community,
Communicators are once again working tirelessly to support organizations and clients through a new wave of the pandemic. It’s been a long journey. At IABC London, we see your hard work and empathize with the fatigue you may be feeling. We encourage everyone to take care of themselves.
This month marks the halfway point in our 2021/22 season, and we remain committed to helping our members adapt, innovate and progress through our chapter’s programming. As we tackle new challenges, we invite our community to support one another, share best practices and celebrate successes.
Keep an eye out for the following over the next six months:
- Insightful events: We will offer a steady stream of events that share impactful insights and fresh perspectives for innovating in our profession. We’re kicking off the new year with ‘Building Connections Through Crisis,’ where Patti McKague (Director, Strategic Communications and Government Relations at the City of London) will share crisis communications perspectives from some of the most difficult events in London.
- Certification exam: You will soon hear details about our local certification exam where you can earn your professional designation.
- Mentorship: Are you a professional looking to progress in your career? Our mentorship program continues to be offered on-demand. Sign up today and we will match you with a mentor to help you reach your goals.
- Career opportunities: Whether you’re looking to recruit or make your next move, the IABC London Job Board continues to be the go-to resource for career opportunities in our region.
- Awards and recognition: The call for entries to the 2022 Virtuoso Awards, Outstanding Communicator Award and Communications Champion Award will launch later this month. We will celebrate communications excellence, including the next generation of professionals, at our Virtuoso Awards Celebration in June.
- International resources: We encourage you to take advantage of all benefits of an IABC membership. From free webinars to informative Catalyst articles, our members have access to global resources and programs to help grow their knowledge, skill and experience.
- Networking: Whether individually, through our events or through the IABC London Members Facebook group, we encourage you to connect with your colleagues. We will explore new opportunities for networking in the virtual world and assess opportunities for in-person networking when the time is right.
On behalf of IABC London’s Board of Directors, I invite you to join us as we adapt, innovate and progress in the months ahead. As we move forward, please share your feedback. Reach out at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to engaging with you.
IABC London Chapter President