Boost your resume. Make new connections. Nominate yourself.
Apply now: https://london.iabc.com/jointheboard/
A strong IABC London chapter is built on the foundation of strong leadership and volunteerism. Volunteering for the Board of Directors is a majorly rewarding experience, rich in personal and career-related learning.
The next director to sit on the board in 2020-2021 could be you, or someone you admire. Consider nominating yourself, or another member, to help govern and direct our chapter.
What’s in it for you?
There are so many benefits to sitting on the Board – you get just as much out of it as you put in through volunteering:
- Leadership experience with the opportunity to manage a team of volunteers. This is great for building your resume and furthering your career.
- Participating in key decision-making for your portfolio.
- Networking with fellow communicators at the local, regional and international levels.
- Putting your stamp on your local IABC chapter.
The time commitment varies by position, but averages about ten hours a month. Director terms are for two years.
Which roles are open? What is involved?
The following director positions are open for the 2020-2021 board. For role descriptions, check out our website.
– President-Elect (three year commitment to serve as President-Elect, then President and Past President)
– Director, Finance
– Director, Certification
– Director, Professional Development (one vacancy)
– Director, Partnerships
– Director, Awards
– Director, Membership
Interested in taking on a leadership position on the board? How do you join?
IABC London is committed to a transparent and democratic process of filling vacancies for the Board of Directors. The process might sound boring; but we’re listing it all here so you are fully informed:
- The current Board of Directors has struck a Board Selection Committee, comprised of current Past-President Andrew Kaszowski (chair), President-Elect Roxanne Beaubien and member-at-large Tania Testa.
- The call for nomination is now open. Any member in good standing is eligible for nomination. Stay tuned to our e-blast, website and social media for lots of promotion of this!
***start thinking now if you want to make the leadership leap
- The deadline for all nominations is 4 p.m. Monday, May 25th
- The Board Selection Committee will review all nominations and choose for each vacant position the most qualified candidate based on the following criteria:
- Member in good standing of IABC
- Relevant skills, qualifications, work and volunteer experience
- Answers to personal statements of interest in the role and fit with the IABC London board
- The Board Selection Committee will present the full slate of proposed directors of the board for voting by IABC London members no later than June 1, 2020.
- All IABC London members in good standing will be eligible to vote on the proposed slate of directors.
- The new board term will begin on July 1, 2020.
If you have any questions about the IABC London Board of Directors, please contact Past-President Andrew Kaszowski at firstname.lastname@example.org