As we enter the summer months, it is an opportunity to reflect on the whirlwind IABC London year that has past. It has been a banner 12 months for our chapter most notably:
- Sold out PD events throughout London featuring a wide range of topics designed to make you a better communicator.
- International recognition as the highest growth medium-sized chapter globally
- IABC Virtuoso, Silver Leaf and Gold Quill awards recognizing a number of local teams:
- Silver Leaf Award of Excellence – Communication and Public Affairs team, St. Joseph’s Health Care London for their entry “The creation of Parkwood Institute and a new era in care, recovery and rehabilitation”
- Gold Quill Award of Merit and Award of Excellence respectively – Angela Foresi, Sara Wilson, Bhaswati Ghosh and Kaleigh Rodgers from Great-West Life, London Life, Canada Life for their two entries “HelloLife internal audience launch” and “HelloLife consumer advertising”
- Gold Quill Award of Merit – Sara Wilson from Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life for her entry “Say HelloLife promotional piece”
Thank you to the dedicated team of volunteers who have worked tirelessly to bring you communications resources, professional development events, services and most recently, the Virtuoso awards. This event encapsulates the spirit of the IABC London community. It is an opportunity for us to come together and to celebrate each other and the world-class work that is created throughout the city. No matter the setting – agency, hospital, school, etc. – for one night we are all the same team.
I hope that your summer is a fantastic one. I hope that you will have the chance to soak up some sun, re-energize after a long winter, and be inspired. Be sure to take the time to explore new books, podcasts and videos. Look outside of your industry or area of focus to learn how other sectors and businesses are communicating, marketing and leading. Looking for a few suggestions?
- Eleven Rings by Phil Jackson
- Learn how the legendary Bull and Lakers Coach developed his leadership and communications style.
- X: The Experience When Business Meets Design by Brian Solis
- How are you thinking about the experience your customers have with your business? This book is a real page turner and will have you questioning how you might do better.
- CreativeLive by Chase Jarvis
- After subscribing to his 30 days of Genius video series (featuring interview with luminaries like Mark Cuban and Richard Branson) I’ve been regularly visiting his blog and find the commentary and tips designed both entertaining and insightful.
Everyone at IABC London looks forward to seeing you in the fall where we will share with you even more world-class events, enriching resources, and opportunities to come together.