QUALITIES OF A GOOD MENTOR
A good mentor is:
- Knowledgeable and compassionate, with great coaching/teaching skills
- Committed to helping mentees find success and fulfillment in the profession
- Successful in and an advocate for the profession
- Invested in empowering the mentor to develop their own strengths, beliefs and personal attributes
TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL MENTORS
- Be approachable and available
- Remember who the relationship is about/check your biases and impulses
- Set goals and expectations
- Share failures as well as success
- Be honest
- Open doors
- Do an informal needs assessment
- Be accountable to your mentee and vice versa (be accountable to each other)
HOW TO BECOME A MENTOR
This year, mentors are being invited personally to participate. If you feel you would be a good fit as a mentor with IABC London and have not been approached, however, please complete our Mentor Questionnaire.
All Mentors will need to complete a Mentor Questionnaire, to allow us to make the best match for you and your mentee.
The deadline for submitting the Mentor Questionnaire is Friday, October 23, 2020.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.