Passionate about food and concerned about Canada’s food supply and food security?
Farmwork to Feed Canada is a volunteer effort by Canadian communications, public relations and marketing professionals. We collaborate with the agriculture and agri-business sector and offer farmers, farm groups and the food industry communications expertise and a forum to foster greater public awareness on key issues related Canada’s food supply and food security.
Through this initiative, we are also assisting junior communications practitioners, who missed out on intern positions as a result of the pandemic, to gain real-world experience, expand their portfolios, and benefit from working with seasoned professionals who are willing to act as mentors and references.
Opportunity – Volunteer Translator or Translation Services
To expand our reach and become a truly national organization, we need to have a bilingual website and social media channels and publish articles in both official languages.
We are seeking an individual or a firm willing to donate services to translate our website and social media posts and articles as they are released for publication.
Level of Commitment
- Remote work, home-based
- Translation of current website followed by translation of 1-2 articles and 3-4 social media posts per week.
- Occasional participation in a team call
- A university degree in Translation Studies or a related discipline.
- 1-2 years of translation experience from English to French.
- An expert-level ability to communicate effectively in English and French with concern for quality.
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
- Flexible and able to meet deadlines.
Consider sharing this position with a colleague, and if you apply, kindly let the employer know you found it listed on London.iabc.com!