3M is seeking a Social and Content Marketing Manager for its Communications team, located in London, ON. The successful candidate will make an impact by driving demand and engagement for products and services across brands, markets, and audiences. Primary platforms of focus include blog, social media, and product content. If you are an expert in all things related to content marketing, social media, and digital media activation strategies, you will be ready to support the team and really enjoy this role. This role has 6-8 direct reports.
Here is an example of video content the team created for First Robotics promoting STEM education in our community:
- Collaborate across functions and silos to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to drive 3M Brand strategy and business objectives
- Strategic leadership for business stakeholders to accelerate quality content marketing initiatives that drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention
- Integration of content programs with corporate brand campaign to drive brand to demand and increase sentiment
- Management and governance of editorial content calendar – includes process and workflow
- Will service as senior editor for content, ensuring content meets all internal governance and external market standards, including formatting, corporate brand guidelines, tone-of-voice standards, and SEO
- Enterprise leadership and governance over all Social Media platforms, and community management
- Charged with accelerating the strategic use of social media channels, media distribution strategies, and digital content hub experience. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- Supervise a small team of writers, and content strategists; demonstrating best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- When required, responsible for writing content, directing vendors and agency partners to create video, photography, GIFs, infographics, and other assets
- Responsible for staying connected to new opportunities, trends and platform changes to optimize social and content delivery, execution, and marketing community skillset– resulting in increased demand and digital traffic
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Expert in best practices of content marketing, social media channels, digital technologies, behaviours, and trends
- Demonstrated experience in digital marketing, content marketing, communications or in a marketing agency
- Knowledge of B2B markets
- Strong Customer-First approach
- Digital savvy, with experience in SEO best practices, including keyword practices, research and analytics
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with sound editorial judgment and consistent expression of brand voice across multiple product lines and personas
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present ideas and information clearly and manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business
- 7 years of digital marketing, content marketing, communications, or marketing agency experience
- Able to thrive in an environment that is fast-paced and values teamwork, authenticity, accountability, and integrity
- Leadership experience
Travel: In this role, you will be required to travel approximately 5% of the time, which may involve overnight stays. A valid driver’s license is required.
Relocation: Not offered
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, RSP plan, Stock Purchase Plan, and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Paid time off over the winter holidays
- Health & Wellness subsidies
- Onsite counselling and massage therapy available
- Individual Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Charity and Community involvement opportunities – recent events have included 3M Night at Budweiser Gardens, United Way campaign, Pride, and Let’s Talk Science
- Rooftop patio, Employee Store, and Onsite Fitness Centre (equipment and classes)
- Free parking
- Employee events: in 2018 we’ve planned The Amazing Race, Sports teams, Food Trucks, Family Picnic, Service Award Gala, Holiday Parties, and more
- Cafeteria and onsite Starbucks
- Access to discounted tickets for sports events, concerts, and attractions
3M Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We work to reflect the diversity of our global customers, suppliers and channel partners, and build on each individual employee’s abilities.
At 3M, we know that inclusion is the key to unlocking the power of our diversity. An inclusive culture is one that supports and appreciates differences, and provides fair and equal opportunities for everyone. It’s a place where people realize they are respected for their whole and unique selves, and that they belong. Inclusion leads to engagement, which in turn fosters the collaboration, creativity and innovation that drive long-term growth – for 3M as well as for our people and our teams.