Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Communications, Government Relations & Community Engagement, the Manager, Media Relations acts as a liaison between media and key City of London spokespeople, and supports all City of London media initiatives by creating and/or providing guidance on editorial meetings, media pitches, media kits, media releases, and other media-focused initiatives. Cultivates and manages relationships with media representatives at the local, regional and national levels.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience managing people and projects in a related field.
- Experience working in news media as reporter, editor and/or producer combined with experience working in corporate communications and/or government communications role an asset.
- Experience in developing communication strategies, effective communication and media campaigns and issues management plans/strategies.
- Accredited Business Communicator (ABC) or Accredited in Public Relations (APR) designation or equivalencies would be an asset.
This is a permanent position being filled on a temporary basis for up to 1 year.
$80,845 to $109,487
How to Apply
For a complete job description and to apply on-line, please visit the City of London website at https://bit.ly/2OVKYiw
Please note following the interview stage, official transcripts as well as a criminal record check will be required prior to moving to the next stage in the selection process.
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday, April 7, 2021
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As an inclusive employer, we are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.