We are Canada Life.
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
We are looking for a Manager, Communications- Technology & Digital
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Reporting to the Director, Group Customer & Technology Communications, you’ll manage communications for our Technology, Digital, Brand Measurement & Marketing teams, supported by a small team of Communication Specialists. Your primary role will be to develop and execute strategic internal communications for divisional and national audiences; additionally, you’ll contribute to the development of external messaging supporting our company brand and executive thought leadership. The successful candidate for this role will be a proven communications leader, adept in providing communications counsel, developing strategies and executing on engaging communications plans and coaching a team.
In this fast-paced and complex environment, you’re empowered to make a difference as a leader and collaborative member of our Corporate Communications & Public Affairs team.
What you will do:
- Work closely with senior members of the Technology and Digital Hub and Brand Measurement & Marketing leadership teams, forging strong relationships and offering strategic communications counsel to influence business results
- Develop overall strategic communication plans aligned to business strategy and deliver solutions that support business results
- Coach your team in the development of plans for specific programs/initiatives using a forward-thinking, holistic approach informed by change management best practices
- Present strategic solutions to client groups to illustrate concepts and gain feedback; anticipate potential issues and proactively address
- Provide hands-on communications support for members of your business partners’ senior leadership teams
- Explore new ideas, methodologies, and alternative ways to reach outcomes as part of our broader team
- Lead Communication Specialists in the delivery of strategic and tactical communication guidance and support, coaching from a big picture perspective aligned with business strategy and our company brand
- Lead team thinking, build and maintain team morale, and actively draw in others beyond immediate team to contribute expertise as needed
- Lead team efforts to address problems and recommend solutions
- Collaborate with other team members on creative solutions to meet project goals and schedules
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure consistent messages, positioning, timing and language for various internal and external audiences
- Manage projects to deliver on communication plans and timelines
What you will bring:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree relating to communications, and at least 10 years of related experience. A combination of education and work experience will also be considered.
- Outstanding communication skills with a demonstrated ability in writing and communications strategy development
- Outstanding creativity skills and proficiency employing a broad range of communications tactics – from presentation tools such as PPT to interactive email, video, infographics, social media and evolving digital platforms
- Strong collaboration and relationship-building skills and ability to work well with a national team in different locations
- Demonstrated relationship management skills at senior levels of the organization
- Forward thinking, a problem-solver with project management skills and the ability to execute strategic plans
- Experience leading or mentoring the development of others
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver multiple projects in a quality and timely manner, independently and under pressure
- Demonstrated attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Comfort with ambiguity and flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately
- Proficiency with common office software
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Online would be considered a strong asset
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today.
We are one of Canada’s top 100 employers!
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.