Brescia University College (www.brescia.uwo.ca),
a Catholic university college affiliated with Western University, is Canada’s
only women’s university providing instruction to over 1,500 students. Brescia
is currently seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to fill a position
Director of Communications, Marketing and External Relations
Permanent Full time Position
Salary Range – $81,345 to $106,374 depending on experience
Reporting to the Vice-Principal Students, the Director of Communications, Marketing and External Relations develops and executes a coordinated strategic communications strategy that supports Brescia’s brand development and its strategic goals. Working with a team of communications professionals, the Director will advance Brescia’s mission, vision and strategic outcomes by ensuring a high level of awareness and engagement with its local, national and international communities.
The Director is responsible for developing unique strategic communications strategies and building relationships with senior stakeholders within the university to help them maximize the impact and alignment of key messaging across all university audiences externally and internally.
The role covers a broad set of responsibilities requiring expertise in strategic communication and storytelling, publication management, public relations, marketing and working knowledge of website best practices, crisis communications, strategic social media planning, and continuous digital marketing initiatives that inform communication design, development, execution and measurement of success.
- University degree in public relations, marketing or a communications-related field
- At least 7 to 10 years knowledge, understanding and experience of internal communication and engagement and its application to large-scale organizational change and continuous improvement programs in a complex, fast-moving and diverse environment is essential
- Experience within a university, government or non-profit organization is desirable
- Expertise in the development and execution of communication strategies; encompassing initiatives to support brand development, institutional marketing and external relations
- Proven track record of traits that include but are not limited to: dynamic leadership; persuasive communications; highly developed communication and interpersonal skills displayed thorough command of the technology associated with social media channels and the digital world (from the evolving social web to mobile tools and trends), sophisticated client service and digital communications skills, and a high level of energy and passion with respect to this area of rapid change and innovation
For a detailed description of the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
submit a letter of application and resume by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 24,
Brescia University College
c/o Human Resources
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Brescia University College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous person, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.