We believe people deserve care that is above and beyond the standard. We believe in caring for you and innovating for the world.
This is why we inspire investment in excellence at London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC). London Health Sciences Foundation (LHSF) has recently completed the largest hospital campaign in Southwestern Ontario raising an astonishing $215 million.
LHSF is now building upon the amazing response of our community during Campaign to inspire philanthropy in support of a vision that will continue to transform how we treat patients. This vision includes, but not limited to, key programs like Cancer care, Cardiac Care, Mental Health, Orthopedic Care and Women’s Care.
London Health Sciences Foundation is a charity accredited by Imagine Canada. Our goal is to link our community and health care experts together in pursuit of medical excellence at London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC).
Our Mission: To inspire investment in excellence at London Health Sciences Centre
Our Vision: To meet the needs of London Health Sciences Centre by revolutionizing the response of our communities to health care philanthropy
Our Values: Trust – Respect – Focus – Collaboration – Accountability
London Health Sciences Foundation is looking for an experienced Director of Marketing and Communications. As an energetic and dynamic leader, the Director of Marketing and Communications plays an integral role in ensuring the development and implementation of comprehensive marketing and communications designed to maximize London Health Sciences Foundation’s fundraising success and public profile. Possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of critical success factors for fundraising, the Director will be able to handle multiple projects and build strong relationships with fellow team members, Hospital leaders, volunteers and donors.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director will be an experienced leader, strategic thinker, a creative self-starter who will function as a strong, confident and responsive partner with the Development Team and Senior Leadership Team.
The Director will lead, mentor and coach a team of talented marketing and communications professionals to develop and execute integrated marketing and communications strategies in collaboration with the Development Team. These strategies will be supported by detailed budgets, identified measurable targets and performance goals.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Successful completion of post-secondary degree or diploma and/or equivalent related work experience (Masters or Post Graduate degree an asset), in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or Public Relations
- Minimum five (5) years of experience and demonstrated success in progressively senior communications and marketing roles, preferably in the health care philanthropic sector
- Independent, confident and strong communicator
- Strong emotional intelligence, problem solving and aptitude for decision making
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment
- Superior interpersonal and collaboration skills – able to engage and interact effectively with all levels of the organization and key stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, inclusive of effective monitoring, analysis and delivery of measurable results
- Strong team-building and people management skills, including proficiency in training, coaching, supervising and appraising personnel
- Ability to lead a dynamic and talented team of individuals by setting clear expectations, delegating effectively and maximizing team member skill sets
- Proven ability to inspire team members to do their best work
- Excellent writing, editing and presentation skills
- Ability to tailor messages to best connect with target audience and build brand equity
- Knowledgeable of the latest digital tools and trends and proficient in developing, implementing and measuring effectiveness of an integrated online strategy through a variety of digital platforms
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information and develop concise and compelling communications strategies and tactics, and related marketing creative
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
Functions / Duties (not in priority order or percentage of time):
- Develops a comprehensive Marketing & Communications strategy focused on reaching and exceeding identified fundraising targets
- Serves as the Foundation’s key advisor on communications issues, including media relations, public relations, crisis management, as well as new marketing and communications trends in the charitable sector
- Creates strategies and tactics to increase brand awareness and profile in the community with a core focus on bringing LHSF’s new brand to life
- Ensures consistency of brand messaging across all communication platforms and donor touch points
- Works closely with Development Team (including Major Giving, Legacy Giving, Direct Response, Signature Events, Community Events, Donor Relations and Stewardship) to provide strategic advice and help incorporate and integrate proper communications strategies to reach fundraising goals
- Oversees the production of all marketing and communications materials, including but not limited to: proposals, donor impact reports, cases for support, e-newsletters, event collateral, website, e-communications, speech writing etc.
- Enhances LHSF’s digital strategy with a focus on delivering rich dynamic content to reach and inspire new audiences, cultivate relationships with donors, demonstrate impact of donor philanthropy and build brand equity
- Leads the development of relevant processes, procedures, templates in order to maximize efficiencies and deliver results
- Provides leadership to marketing and communications staff with an emphasis on mentoring, coaching, and promoting integration with fundraising team
- Creates clear responsibilities and measurable goals for each marketing and communications team member
- Other duties as assigned
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Hospital and the Foundation.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of the London Health Sciences Foundation.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of the LHSF and LHSC.
- Abide by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and work in a manner that is safe, reporting incidents immediately to direct supervisor.
- Operates within culture and core values of the organization.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your experience to Nancy Foran, Executive Assistant, email@example.com
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 5:00 pm on Friday, November 6, 2020.
Consider sharing this position with a colleague, and if you apply, kindly let the employer know you found it listed on London.iabc.com!