Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: 14
Please note, this is a 2-year, temporary full-time contract opportunity with an expected end date of April, 2023. Secondments are welcome.
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the “Western Experience” – an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Division of Housing and Ancillary Services (HAS) is committed to providing a first-class experience in the areas of housing, hospitality services, and retail services for undergraduate/graduate students and their families, staff and faculties at the Western communities, while supporting the academic mission of the University and ensuring profitability and cost effectiveness of the operation.
Through an integrated effort focusing on honest, open and consistent communication, Marketing and Communications provides the leadership needed to help the Division of Housing and Ancillary Services create and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with students and other stakeholders vital to the Division’s growth and development. Marketing and Communications brings marketing perspectives and strategies into the Division’s decision-making and planning. It provides leadership, expertise and services that enhance the quality and effectiveness of the Division’s communications projects and programs.
Under the leadership of the Director, Marketing and Communications (Housing and Ancillary Services), the primary responsibility of this position is to create and maintain the online presence of the Division’s service areas including Housing, Hospitality Services and Retail Services. The Coordinator will increase the followers on social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube by outlining campaign calendars and conceptualizing tactics to increase audience participation. This position will actively engage followers in dialogues in an effort to transform visitors into advocates for the brand and increase traffic to the departmental websites.
In collaboration with all stakeholders and other marketing team members, the Coordinator is expected to source and create all forms of digital content (copy, images, videos, contests/campaigns, etc.), and build up the resources for the Division. The Coordinator will implement comprehensive digital initiatives that support the brand promotion and sales efforts of the various service departments within the Division. The efforts and success of this role have a direct impact on the Division’s mandate and successful implementation of its business targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree specializing in marketing, communications, new media, or relevant fields
- 3 years’ experience in marketing and communications with demonstrated success
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strategic thinking and problem solving skills with a proven ability to generate workable and creative ideas, concepts and techniques
- Compelling and persuasive communication skills to engage individuals and teams inside and outside the University
- Ability to analyze metrics and consider past communications to craft engaging written communications using social media or other appropriate channels
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and digital tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising), as well as how they can be deployed in different scenarios to drive brand awareness and service promotion
- Strong project management skills with an ability to execute creative and cost effective marketing and communications projects
- Ability to maintain a number of projects simultaneously with competing timelines and priorities
- Advanced computer skills with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere), Microsoft Office Suites, etc.; strong understanding of web analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics), Search Engine Optimization, etc.
- Superior demonstrated presentation skills with the ability to deliver creative content (copy, image and video)
- Ability to grasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Results oriented with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and on own initiative
- Proven ability to build both formal and informal professional relationships within, across, and external to organizational boundaries
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Ability to work within a flexible schedule to accommodate the University’s events/activities and travel on occasion
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Apply here: recruit.uwo.ca
Job ID: #21600
Quick link: https://bit.ly/38n73ga