Status: Permanent, Full Time
Salary Range: $53,929 (starting salary) to $72,512 (at 30 months)
Application Deadline: September 18, 2019
The London Police Service is looking for a highly skilled writer and communications strategist to join its Corporate Communications and Media Relations Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute communications strategies for various units and initiatives (public education campaigns, traffic initiatives, etc.) that increase awareness and understanding of policing issues in London;
- Provide recommendations to senior executive, Corporate Communications manager and other internal LPS clients regarding the release of information, noteworthy events and issues of public interest;
- Research, write and produce content (written and visual) for the website, social media, selected publications and support media relations officer in preparing for news conferences, major releases, etc.;
- Drive and manage websites including social media and mainstream outreach – creating and managing content;
- Review and maintain website architectures to ensure high usability and intuitive navigation;
- Develop, implement and maintain a strategic social media plan;
- Write, design visuals and post/schedule routine media postings;
- In conjunction with the Manager, develop professional and strategic corporate publications that enhance communications internally and externally;
- Monitor mainstream print, online, television and radio media reports;
- Prepare daily media monitoring report for the senior officers;
- Ensure content on the intranet, website and LPTV remains current and relevant; and
- Obtain photos and/or video to support and add to the written content.
- Minimum two-year diploma, preferably in communications, journalism or public relations
- Two-to-three years related experience
- Experience in the policing sector is highly desirable, but not required
Applicants will be required to undergo skills-based testing.
Medical, Dental, and Vision, Life Insurance, Pension Plan (OMERS), Employee Family Assistance Plan, and On-site Fitness Facilities.
Please submit your resume, three writing samples and a cover letter addressed to the Chief of Police to the attention of the Inspector, Human Resources Branch to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 18, 2019, at 4 p.m.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the London Police Service, however only those selected will be contacted.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at 519.661.5660.
The London Police Service is located in southwestern Ontario, Canada. We have more than 800 members (officers and civilians) and we proudly serve more than 380,000 residents in the City of London. Our mission is to ensure the safety and well-being of London’s communities and our goal is to have a membership that is representative of the diverse London community.
Consider sharing this job posting with a colleague, and if you apply, kindly let the employer know you found it listed on London.iabc.com!