Under the leadership of the General Manager, the Communications Specialist will work closely with a mix of internal and external stakeholders, a regional communications strategy team, and digital/web-based consultants to develop and implement insightful communications, engagement, and outreach plans for the Sarnia-Lambton Environmental Association, Sarnia-Lambton Industrial Educational Corporation, and Sarnia-Lambton Community Awareness and Emergency Response organizations. The incumbent combines their knowledge, along with professional experience, to collaborate with others to provide sound strategic communications advice to the GM – and by extension our three Boards of Directors. The Communications Specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of approved progressive regional communications and community engagement programs that strengthen relationships and build trust. This role will also provide direct support to the GM for any regional communication strategies developed in support of planned regional initiatives or as required for media, government, community, or other inquiries.
Location: Sarnia, ON
Position type: Full-time, Evaluation Hire
Pay: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm
– Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a communication-focused field such as Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related discipline, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
– A minimum of four (4) years’ professional experience in the development, implementation, and evaluation of communications and marketing strategies and plans
– Professional experience in a strategic communications or marketing role
– Experience in developing a variety of communications products for a variety of digital platforms, speaking notes, reports etc.
– Experience in the interpretation of digital data such as web analytics and SEO
– Established credibility and authority and a track record of gaining the confidence and influence of clients
– Ability to understand and interpret industry metrics/analytics and their application to planning and product development with a goal of meeting client objectives
– Proven abilities in the areas of communications planning and execution, content management, digital media, and issues management
– Demonstrated ability to think proactively and provide advice and services to a client in a clear and concise manner
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
– Self-motivated and a team player
– Proven abilities in building partnerships and/or productive working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
– Sound judgment, initiative, creativity, flexibility, tact, and diplomacy, as well as experience in dealing with challenging situations and sensitive issues that may affect brand
– Ability to meet the demands of multiple clients simultaneously, balancing speed with quality and accuracy
– Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
– Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
– Some travel may be required.
Ways to apply:
Benefits available to Express associates:
– Medical benefits
– Referral bonuses
– Reward programs
– Career training and development resources
– Scholarship Program
– National retailer discounts
About Express Employment Professionals:
Founded in 1983, Express today employs 540,000 people across over 800 franchise locations worldwide. Our long-term goal of putting a million people to work is at the heart of our company’s vision: to help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people. The Sarnia Express Employment Professionals franchise began operation in 2006, and serves Sarnia-Lambton and surrounding areas with temporary staffing, contract workers, and direct hire placement in a variety of fields, including engineering, manufacturing, skilled trades, technical, accounting/finance, human resources, I.T., administrative, and light industrial. There is no cost to job seekers for our services. The ISO certified office has grown steadily, and has placed over 5,000 people with local businesses over the last ten years. Express is proud to be a Certified Military Friendly Employer through Canada Company, and to have received Inavero’s Best of Staffing Talent Award based on the satisfaction of our placed talent.
To keep up with our open jobs, download the ExpressJobs app: www.expresspros.com/expressjobs, visit our website: www.expresspros.com/sarniaon, Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/expresssarnia, Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/expresssarnia, and Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/express_employment_professionals_sarnia
For a complete listing of all open positions, visithttps://www.expresspros.com/sarniaon/job-openings.aspx
Don’t forget to share, and if you apply to this position, don’t forget to tell them that you found it on London.iabc.com!