ICES Western and the Kidney Dialysis and Transplantation (KDT) program are hiring a communications coordinator to work collaboratively with ICES and other stakeholders.
ICES Western is a satellite site of ICES in Toronto; a collaborative initiative between Lawson Health Research Institute (LHRI), Western University, the London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) and St. Joseph’s Health Care London. ICES Western is located within LHSC at Victoria Hospital in London, ON. The Communications Coordinator is an employee of LHSC and LHRI.
Hosted at ICES Western, KDT is one of eight research programs at ICES; it supports province-wide research collaboration and networking. For the purposes of this posting the use of ICES Western includes KDT.
Salary: $26.05 – $30.20 per hour
Scheduled Hours: 18.75 per week (0.5 FTE)
Vacation Entitlement: 6% (equivalent to 7.5 days at 0.5 FTE)
• Support ICES Western communications strategy by providing input / expertise towards communications initiatives;
• Compile, edit and disseminate internal communications vehicles, such as the ICES Western newsletters (e.g. a year in review, quarterly updates) intranet, bulletins and announcements/memos;
• Track project information and other ICES Western metrics within an information management system, and maintain up-to-date records for program planning and reporting purposes;
• Assist in the fulfillment of reporting requirements and outreach materials for ICES Western stakeholders;
• Develop relationships and act as primary liaison with partnering communications departments;
• Lead the internal ICES Western communications working group to help identify relevant communication material;
• Tactically support the production and dissemination of various products to be used including videos, infographics, briefing notes, research summaries and other promotional materials for dissemination to different audiences;
• Liaise with graphic designers to develop products (infographics, logos etc.) as needed;
• Assist with event support (planning, materials, logistics) for meetings, conferences and staff events;
• Support development of media / news release;
• Develop and maintain social media presence for ICES Western;
• Assist with photography (staff photos, special events etc.);
• Develop and maintain internal and external distribution lists;
• Assist with proofreading and editing of various communication materials and grant proposals;
• Bring ingenuity and creativity to enhance the visibility of ICES Western, including the development of new ideas, products, outreach and processes.
Certificate or diploma in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
One or more years of directly related communications experience; healthcare sector or research sector experience is an asset;
• Ability to research, analyze, plan and execute in the areas of: message development, communications vehicle development and communications effectiveness measurement;
• Needs to be a self-starter, creative/idea-generator and experienced in taking complex content and making it accurate, concise and eloquent;
• Editing, proofreading and writing skills; proven technical and persuasive writing skills;
• Ability to adapt style for specific mediums, voices and formats and distill complex technical content for a general audience;
• Collaborative working style with demonstrated success in a team-based environment;
• Familiarity with scientific literature, including statistical information, and experience with translating research materials into lay language for both general and targeted audiences;
• Organizational skills and the proven ability to support multiple projects, workflows and timelines;
• Ability to work independently and reliably and take initiative;
• Familiarity with provincial and national health care, research and policy organizations;
• Social media competence and experience;
• Video and photography skills, including editing, are an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a single PDF file containing a cover letter that clearly indicates how you meet the qualifications/competencies, resume, sample of relevant work and list of references to the attention of:
Mr. Elliot Lee
ICES KDT, London Ontario
Please reference Job No.: ICES-011020-CCW
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by LHSC’s Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct. London Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC encourages applications from persons with disabilities and we are committed to providing accommodations upon request.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Sean Leonard; Sean.Leonard@ICES.on.ca. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in a hospital environment in Canada.
MORE ABOUT ICES – for more details visit www.ices.on.ca
ICES is an independent, non-profit organization that produces knowledge on a broad range of topics to enhance the effectiveness of health care for Ontarians. Internationally recognized for its innovative use of population-based health information, ICES provides evidence to support health policy development and changes to the organization and delivery of health care services. ICES Western is a Satellite Site of ICES, established in 2012.
Consider sharing this position with a colleague, and if you apply, kindly let the employer know you found it listed on London.iabc.com!