18 month maternity leave
The award-winning Communications & Public Affairs team at Bluewater Health is proud of our strategic work in internal and external communications, change management and stakeholder relations. We make our mark in social media, strategic marketing and branding, media relations, and the implementation of key public affairs initiatives that engage patients and families, staff, volunteers and the medical community.
The Communications Business Partner supports several designated departments of the hospital and is their in-house communications liaison and strategic advisor. S/he leads all communications activities, and will manage several communications initiatives over the contract term. This includes developing, implementing and evaluating integrated marketing and communications plans; writing content for publications, presentations, intranet, websites, social media, and other channels; managing intranet and website content and platforms; media relations; and government relations.
Required: Undergraduate degree in arts, humanities or marketing (suggestion: communications, marketing, journalism, or related field)
Preferred: Post-graduate in public relations and/or marketing
Required: 5 years’ experience in public relations
Preferred: Agency or hospital experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and confidence dealing with all levels of an organization
- Ability to plan and manage project of various sizes
- Advanced computer skills including web-based tools (social media, content management systems) and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve department goals
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high-quality work while meeting deadlines
- Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, peers, and internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to apply creativity, innovation and resourcefulness to daily work
- Ability to understand customer needs and expectations and provide excellent customer service directly and indirectly to satisfy expectations
- Proven ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize with an eye to consistently producing high-quality work and meeting deadlines in a demanding environment
- Contract position: April 1, 2019 to September 1, 2020
Hours: 37.5 week
Bluewater Health is located within the Erie St. Clair Local Health Integration Network and encompasses Bluewater Health located in Sarnia, Ontario, and Charlotte Eleanor Englehart Hospital of Bluewater Health located in Petrolia, Ontario.
As Sarnia-Lambton’s largest public-sector employer, our nearly 2,500 staff, professional staff and volunteers care for the residents of Sarnia-Lambton. Bluewater Health provides an array of specialized acute, complex continuing care, allied health and ambulatory care services. Bluewater Health’s Mission is: We create exemplary healthcare experiences with patients and families every time.