The IABC London Outstanding Communicator Award was awarded for the first time in June 2017. This prestigious award recognizes an individual who exemplifies excellence in communications and demonstrates strong commitment to communications in their professional work. Whether involved in the private, public or not-for-profit sector, the recipient of this award will have made significant contributions to business communications by fostering, initiating and/or participating in effective and successful communications programs.
- A senior leader who promotes a culture of communication within their organization.
- The nominee has demonstrated exceptional leadership, management and communications skills and has contributed to the overall positive reputation of the communications profession.
- Has shepherded an exemplary communications plan or project, sometimes in the face of controversy or significant change, that demonstrates creativity and innovation and contributed to the organization’s success.
- Has demonstrated a commitment to highest ethical and professional standards and sets standards of excellence to which others can aspire.
- The nominee’s organization must be located in London or the surrounding region.
Note: Both IABC members and non-members can be nominated.
How to nominate someone
Do you know someone that deserves this recognition? Tell us why your nominee deserves the title of IABC London’s Outstanding Communicator. Use this nomination form to:
- Describe the nominee’s accomplishments, successes and contributions to the communications profession
- Describe how the nominee demonstrates exceptional leadership, management and communications skills.
- Provide any additional information about the nominee that might assist the Award Selection Committee
A strong nomination will include two to three examples and include up to three letters of support. To support your nomination, you can include up to five links to videos, photos, media materials, articles, etc., that demonstrate what makes your nominee a great communicator.
Nominations can be sent to email@example.com. The deadline for submissions is April 20, 2018. Submissions will be reviewed by a four-person judging panel of senior IABC London members.
2018 Outstanding Communicator Award Winner:
David Billson, CEO, rTraction Canada, Inc
2017 – Andrew McClenaghan, President, Digital Echidna