Director, Professional Development
Jenna Fayad is a communications and public relations practitioner at 3M Canada, currently working as a Content Marketing Specialist for product at a corporate level.
She graduated from Western University in 2017 with a BA in English Language and Literature accompanied by a Minor in French Language and Literature. Jenna completed her post-degree diploma in Public Relations at Western Continuing Studies in 2018, where she began her career as a Communication Intern at 3M Canada.
- Develop, plan and execute professional development activities for the term September through June.
- Source speakers / panelists for professional development activities; identify and connect with industry professionals that can provide learning opportunities for the IABC London membership.
- Source venue / catering as required for professional development activities.
- Promote professional development activities via the IABC London website and social media channels, working closely with appropriate liaisons.
- Attend monthly professional development activities; welcome event guests, introduce and thank event speakers.
- Coordinate with Website Liaison to ensure that professional development activities are posted online.
- Coordinate with Chapter Administrator to ensure that professional development activities are posted to Eventbrite (event registration system).
- Develop and manage annual portfolio budget in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Collaborate with other portfolios to plan and execute the editorial calendar / theme for the term.
- Prepare monthly portfolio report, to be presented at IABC London board meetings.
- Recruit and manage a portfolio committee; host monthly meetings with committee.
- Train successor(s) to this role.