Boost your resume. Make new connections. Nominate yourself. Volunteer now.
IABC London is looking to add a few volunteers to our 2017/18 Board of Directors. There are many benefits to sitting on the Board and volunteering is a great chance to put your stamp on your local IABC chapter.
The time commitment for volunteering on the Board varies by position, but averages about ten hours a month. We are looking for a minimum of a one-year commitment, two years preferred. The Board currently meets the first Thursday of every month. Portfolio meetings are arranged by each Director.
Here are the positions currently available:
- manages the Communications portfolio and the Communications liaison team
- develops, implements and evaluates the annual communications plan
- tracks and measures the communication portfolio over time
Virtuoso Director – Celebration
- responsible for the Virtuoso committee
- manages the Virtuoso awards celebration, the region’s premier event recognizing exceptional communications work
- supports the Virtuoso Director – Awards
- ensures the chapter website is functioning and up to date
- designs and supports ongoing maintenance of the chapter website which currently requires proficiency in HTML, CSS, and a good understanding of WordPress
If you’re interested in a new challenge and would like to get more involved with your IABC chapter, let us know. You can nominate yourself, or another member, and help guide our chapter for the 2017/18 year.
For more information, contact Jo Ann Johnston at IABCLondonPresident@gmail.com.