POSITION TITLE: Sales & Promotions Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Ivey Publishing
REPORTS TO: Team Leader, Sales
DATE: June 2017
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
Ivey Business School (www.ivey.ca) at Western University is widely regarded as Canada’s most prestigious business school and among the top in the world. Drawing on extensive research and business experience, Ivey equips students with the knowledge and capabilities they need to confidently take on business leadership challenges and opportunities. Ivey offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs as well as Executive Education at campuses in London (Ontario), Toronto and Hong Kong.
Ivey Publishing (www.iveycases.com) is a leader in the distribution of business case studies with a global perspective. With over 8,000 products in our collection, Ivey Publishing adds more than 300 classroom-tested cases to its collection each year.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
The Sales & Promotions Coordinator assists the Ivey Publishing sales team in managing sales database CRM, organizing sales and promotions activities (both online and traditional), and recommending sales strategies.
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
- Identify and generate new sales opportunities from internal and external sources.
- Develop and maintain customer records and database information within SalesForce
- Measurement and metrics of sales activities.
- Develop and maintain database of contacts and targets (both individuals and institutions).
- Research current and potential Ivey Publishing sales clients.
- Assist in the strategic planning and execution of sales and marketing activities that will increase revenue for Ivey Publishing with a focus on online activities.
- Day-to-day support of sales activities as necessary.
- Analyze and report on the effectiveness of campaigns to track performance
- Coordinate, promote and attend promotional events, Conferences and Workshops
- Conduct outreach to current and potential Ivey case customers in the assigned territory to develop the market and sales revenue for Ivey cases, and actively promote acquisition of new cases from non-Ivey faculty that meet the strategic needs of Ivey Publishing.
- Create and conduct targeted newsletter and email campaigns to promote the use of Ivey Cases and increase sales revenue and author acquisition.
- Develop sales and promotional content for both online and traditional outlets.
- Manage online (web and social media) sales and promotional content and accounts.
- Respond to queries for cases and other learning materials and assist customers in finding appropriate materials for their course/s while adhering to team service response standards.
- Provide back-up coverage for customer support role.
- Monitor and report on industry related information
- Assist in execution of sales campaigns
- Perform administrative tasks as required for the department
- Registration of clients, and daily update of registration details into CRM.
- Work closely with Sales team to ensure their client visits, conference and workshop travel are well planned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate university degree in communications, PR or marketing field.
- Minimum of three years’ related communications, customer service and/or sales experience in a professional corporate setting i.e. Higher Education, Financial.
- Strong facility and knowledge of social media.
- Strong ability to initiate, establish, nurture meaningful business relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of professional verbal and written communication, tact and diplomacy.
- Experience with contact management databases; experience using Salesforce or similar CRM a must.
- Strong ability to be detail oriented and precise
- Ability to multitask, work effectively within a team towards common goals and ability to organize own work to meet demanding deadlines.
- Results driven with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Able to set priorities based on potential revenue opportunities
- Intermediate computer skills i.e. Microsoft office and database applications
- Willingness to travel and work outside of regular business hours
Location: London, Ontario
Please note, this is a 14-month temporary opportunity covering for a maternity leave.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should forward their applications in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference IP280 in the subject line. Candidates will be considered as applications are received and the posting will remain open until a candidate is identified.
DIVERSITY & ACCOMMODATION:
Ivey Business School invites applications from all qualified individuals. Ivey is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation for interviews or other meetings, please contact Ivey Human Resources at email@example.com or by telephone at 519-661-2111 ext. 85771.