Northern delivers omni-channel commerce solutions, designed and developed with the best open source technology. We specialize in building Magento eCommerce implementations, and full service eCommerce marketing solutions. Our goal is to help businesses reap the benefits of web-based technologies to decrease costs and maximize their bottom line.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Project Manager with a proven track record of executing, monitoring and closing a variety of web development projects.
The Project Manager is accountable for ensuring all assigned projects are managed efficiently and result in outcomes that contribute to Northern’s goals. The incumbent will lead project teams through the initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling and closing phases, as necessary, to complete projects in a timely manner within budget controls and defined quality standards. The incumbent will also provide a broad application of principles, theories, and concepts to effectively and efficiently complete all tasks and responsibilities. Extensive knowledge of information technology as it relates to eCommerce websites, mobile applications and web applications across a variety of platforms will best support the incumbent in their role.
A College diploma, University degree, or relevant job-related experience. We welcome highly experienced, self-taught, and self-motivated learners who express a strong passion for creating exceptional client experiences.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
- Undergraduate University Degree or 4 Year College Diploma
- Qualification in Project Management – PMP® Certification is an asset
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the information technology industry
- Experience in project management, project evaluation and budgeting of projects related to web development or mobile applications is an asset
- Demonstrated progressive experience in supervisory roles and leadership
- Proven ability to apply creativity, innovation and resourcefulness to daily work
- Strong understanding of project management strategies as they relate to web development
- Knowledge of eCommerce platforms; specifically Magento (e.g. WooCommerce, Shopify etc.) is an asset
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and work strategically, tactically, and operationally, independently or as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating, consensus building, time management, conflict resolution, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet tight deadlines and adapt to growth and change
- High degree of professionalism with outstanding ability to work effectively and efficiently with internal colleagues and external clients at all levels of management
- Detailed knowledge of Word, Excel, and various Google applications.
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
- Manage overall project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule and scope.
- Regularly communicate with stakeholders and clients on project status; and assess current or future client needs and priorities.
- Monitor and track project milestones and deliverables and relay appropriate information to the CEO, CTO or Operations Manager.
- Provide resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems associated with the development and integration of ecommerce websites across various platforms; while using judgment within defined policies and company practices.
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems and coordinate project teams consisting of functional area staff when necessary relative to the project scope and objectives.
- Assign tasks, duties and responsibilities to project personnel and monitor performance.
- Direct or coordinate activities of project personnel within the project management team.
- Initiate, review, or approve modifications to project plans.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Continually communicate the status of each assigned project to all project participants and stakeholders.
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.