IVEY BUSINESS SCHOOL FOUNDATION
POSITION TITLE: Marketing and Sales Manager
DEPARTMENT: Ivey Publishing
REPORTS TO: Director, Ivey Publishing
DATE: April 2018
ABOUT IVEY BUSINESS SCHOOL
Ivey Business School (www.ivey.ca) at Western University is widely regarded as Canada’s most prestigious business school and among the top in the world. Drawing on extensive research and business experience, Ivey equips students with the knowledge and capabilities they need to confidently take on business leadership challenges and opportunities. Ivey offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs as well as Executive Education at campuses in London (Ontario), Toronto and Hong Kong.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
In support of Ivey Publishing’s vision of being the world’s business case leader and mission of equipping educators worldwide with the resources to shape future leaders, the incumbent will collaborate across the business verticals (product team, systems) to deploy analytically-based marketing and sales strategies to enhance outreach, sales, and service in an e-commerce environment. This includes traditional messaging outlets and new/social media. This role will rely heavily on data analysis and analytics to inform and evolve marketing, pricing and sales tactics and strategies.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Inform and recommend strategies designed to increase market share and revenues utilizing e-commerce, new and traditional media, and emerging best practices.
- In consultation with the Director, execute marketing strategies that are aligned with the overall Ivey Publishing strategy of producing the highest quality educational materials for audiences worldwide while providing top-notch service.
- Provide insights and input to enhance the business’ ecommerce strategy.
- Lead the sales team in achieving measurable and prescribed goals.
- Partnering with the Publishing Team Leader, develop strategies and implement tactics to increase author submissions; this includes the design of digital and traditional campaigns.
- In cooperation with Ivey Publishing’s Data Coordinator, review data regarding market trends, sales, and competitors, to enhance and inform marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with Ivey’s Marketing and Communications department to maintain alignment with the Ivey brand.
- Monitor the budget and effectiveness of all initiatives to meet the reporting and performance metrics required by the department.
- Develop content and manage social media accounts.
- Develop and maintain database of contacts and targets (both individuals and institutions).
- Participate in selected academic conferences to promote Ivey cases and increase awareness.
- Provide regular updates to Director on sales activities, progress to goals, challenges, market trends etc.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- University degree in business and/or marketing
- A minimum of 5 years of directly relevant experience in a marketing role; should include budget management, marketing planning, project management, client management, brief creation, creative and copy direction and feedback, and agency relationship management.
- Previous experience in sales support or promotion required.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team in meeting goals.
- Experience in e-commerce with proven results
- Exceptional online communications skills, including managing communications campaigns.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to make compelling presentations.
- Strong business planning and prospecting ability.
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service.
- Possesses a solid understanding of marketing principles.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate in a busy environment with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Exhibits initiative and innovation in project management and plan tracking/reporting.
- Displays confidence and comfort providing feedback and suggestions to improve project management and project deliverables.
- Maintains a high-level of competence in a variety of computer applications, including database, spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Participates in and is knowledgeable about on-line communication platforms and tools.
- Has the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and with discretion.
- Extensive experience in scientific pricing model development and implementation.
Location: Ivey Publishing, UWO Research Park, London, Ontario
This is a 2 year renewable contract position with full benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view or apply to this position please click on following link: https://www.ivey.uwo.ca/hr/job-opportunities/staff-positions/?gnk=job&gni=8a7885a862b78e590162c0593cb81554&gns=IABC
Candidates will be considered as applications are received and the posting will remain open until a candidate is identified.
DIVERSITY & ACCOMMODATION:
Ivey Business School invites applications from all qualified individuals. Ivey is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation for interviews or other meetings, please contact Ivey Human Resources at email@example.com or by telephone at 519-661-2111 ext. 85771.