Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services and Human Resources, the Manager, Communications, will be responsible for overseeing the communications portfolio and provide leadership to all communication functions, planning, media relations, publications, social media, emergency communication, internal messaging and corporate identity at Southwestern Public Health. This is an exciting opportunity for this role as this newly formed Health Unit is looking to implement innovative approaches to branding, marketing, web and social media that foster a long-term communication strategy that promotes and builds on the success of our programs and services.
As the first ever Manager, Communications, for Southwestern Public Health, this portfolio will lead the development of an overall communications strategy to promote and support the overall strategic objectives of the health unit. To be successful, we are looking for a qualified candidate with the following:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a related English, communication, media studies, public relations, journalism field of study from a post-secondary education institution that is recognized by the province of Ontario.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a communications role with progressive experience in strategic communications planning and supporting leaders throughout the organization.
- Thorough understanding of traditional and emerging marketing and communication channels.
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate.
- Familiarity with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design and production.
- Capable and versed in social media marketing: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Linkedin, website management.
- Effective leadership attributes to motivate and develop a relationship with peers and individuals reporting to the position.
- Significant experience in writing, proofing and editing material (including key messages), and of presenting proposals and plans.
- Ability to network and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, influencing and persuading when needed.
- Proven ability to be a team player while leading and providing guidance and consultation to health unit leadership and staff.
- Ability to promote the values of shared leadership and team collaboration.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and consistent access to a reliable vehicle.
- A criminal reference check completed within the last six (6) months from a Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), inclusive of vulnerable sector screening, will be required of the successful candidate.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 19, 2018.
Director Corporate Services & Human Resources
Southwestern Public Health
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those under consideration will be contacted.