The London Police Service is looking for a highly skilled writer and strategist to join its Corporate Communications and Media Relations Unit on a part-time casual basis.
- Develop and execute communications strategies for various units and initiatives (public education campaigns, traffic initiatives, etc.) that increase awareness and understanding of policing issues in London;
- Provide recommendations to senior executive, Corporate Communications manager and other internal LPS clients regarding the release of information, noteworthy events and issues of public interest;
- Research, write and produce content (written and visual) for the website, social media, selected publications and support media relations officer in preparing for news conferences, major releases, etc.;
- Drives and manages websites including Social Media and mainstream outreach – creating and managing content;
- Review and maintain website architectures to ensure high usability and intuitive navigation;
- Develop, implement and maintain a strategic social media plan;
- Write, design visuals and post/schedule routine media postings;
- In conjunction with the Manager, develop professional and strategic corporate publications that enhance communications internally and externally;
- Monitor mainstream print, online, television and radio media reports;
- Prepare daily media monitoring report for the senior officers;
- Ensure content on the intranet, website and LPTV remains current and relevant;
- Obtain photos and/or video to support and add to the written content;
- Minimum two-year diploma in communications, journalism or public relations
- Two-to-three years related experience
- Experience in the policing sector is highly desirable, but not required
This position will be 20 hours per week for a maximum of 120 days. The rate of pay is $24.29 per hour. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a security and background check.
Please submit a resume and three writing samples by March 23, 2018 at 1600 hrs. Visit the Civilian Application Package page on the London Police Service website at: https://www.londonpolice.ca/en/careers/Civilian-Application-Package.aspx and follow the instructions to submit your application.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.