IVEY BUSINESS SCHOOL FOUNDATION
POSITION TITLE: Associate Director, Alumni & Corporate Development
DEPARTMENT: Executive Education
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Executive Education
DATE: February 2018
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Overall, the Associate Director, Alumni & Corporate Development contributes to the reputation of the school and success of Ivey Executive Education by: developing and sustaining strong corporate relationships with key clients and alumni; assessing and activating latent alumni and corporate relationship assets to grow open/custom/cross-sell revenue; developing and implementing events and programs to keep alumni and clients engaged and aware of current and future IEE offerings. All of these contribute directly to improving participant follow-up, global rankings and alumni affinity. This portfolio of clients includes top organizations from around Canada and globally.
The Associate Director, Alumni & Corporate Development works closely with the Executive Director, as well as the Business Development and Marketing teams to establish targets, goals and plans for corporate development opportunities. Alumni satisfaction, global rankings and increased revenue are key metrics of this role.
The ‘Big 3’ Responsibilities:
- Develop the Executive Education philosophy/ approach/ overall strategy on alumni relations and account re-investment/ give-back, and build out the Ivey Executive Education Network platform, including value proposition, assets, investments, content needs, software/ web requirements, corporate partner branding and assets, and faculty involvement process.
- Build up the value of the credential associated with Executive Education at Ivey, including devising the strategy and execution of actual credentialing (digital badges, certificates, pathways), and increasing the prestige of credentials/ ‘alumni status’/ membership.
- Help to manage the Executive Education business, acting as the ‘glue’ (the liaison and galvanizing point) between the Executive Director, the BD team, Marketing, Innovation and Commercialization and Operations, for overall program participant experience and corporate partner relationships.
- Manage/ liaise with the new Digital Marketing Manager to build and distribute appropriate content/ assets and social media strategies/ tactics for the broader Exec Ed network
- Solo, and with the Executive Director, and/ or the BD team, call on current and potential key accounts and clients, to contribute to business development and net new revenue
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with key clients, including Executive Education/The Ivey Academy custom clients and corporate partners, through communications, targeted visits and related outreach, with the goal of building brand loyalty for client reinvestment in the programs/offerings and unlocking new opportunities.
- Develop and execute alumni events and programs (yearly large-scale IEE Toronto Event, idea forums, swag gifts, etc.) for all IEE alumni, to create a positive post-program experience as well as build loyalty to Ivey brand.
- Maintain and further develop current IEE alumni networks and use as model for developing new networks/events for other programs and clients.
- Develop credentials including digital badging, certificates, certificate pathways and other to-be-defined credentials, and drive strategic vision around value, meaning and prestige into the credentials – for having completed IEE programs.
- Define, strategize and complete special projects related to the IEE team goals as required.
- Develop increasing levels of knowledge about specific industry trends, and expectations of core clients to improve market presence by conducting ongoing research and building a high level of engagement with IEE clients.
- Implement appropriate policies and procedures to ensure that participants and key stakeholders have a positive client experience in assessing their executive education needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships across Ivey to increase brand awareness and opportunities for synergies.
- Proactively analyze and influence potential needs and considerations for new business opportunities with key clients, to increase open/custom/cross-sell revenue over time.
QUANTITATIVE AREAS OF IMPACT:
- $11.5 million in projected revenue for FY2019
- 15,000+ EE alumni
- 1,500+ new alumni touchpoints per year
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma (preferably in Business) with a minimum of 10 years in a client–facing role.
- Good digital savvy, knowledge and skills
- Good visioning and planning skills, to conceive of and implement strategic projects stem-to-stern.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills with a proven ability to communicate with a variety of clients at all levels including executives and alumni.
- Exemplary written, oral, presentation, and project management skills.
- Top-shelf relationship-building skills, both within an organization and in dealing with external constituents.
- Ability to effectively and enthusiastically represent Ivey, its students and IEE to targeted organizations.
- Organizational, prioritization, and project management skills and ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, with the flexibility to respond to ambiguity, changing priorities and fluctuating workloads.
- Solid understanding of foundational business concepts, along with a keen interest in current business thinking.
- Team orientation, with the ability to work autonomously.
- Solid management/ delegation/ coaching/ training/ mentoring skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel and entertain clients.
Location: Ivey Business School, Western University, London, Ontario
This is a 2-year renewable contract position with full benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view or apply for this position please click on the following link: https://goo.gl/2Htzyi. The posting will remain open until a successful candidate is identified.
DIVERSITY & ACCOMMODATION:
Ivey Business School invites applications from all qualified individuals. Ivey is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation for interviews or other meetings, please contact Ivey Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 519-661-2111 ext. 85771.